2nd Grade Homeroom - Ms. Silvaggio’s Class May 11th-15th
Specials this week: Art
Mrs. D. posted assignments on the Art Google Classroom.
2nd Grade Zoom Times
End of Year Elementary Webinar
Join us on May 18 starting at 2 p.m. for a Virtual End-of-the-Year Assembly and Farewell to Students.
I would like students to check out this website and play with it this week. Maybe look at the “Activities” and “Student Book” Chapter 4.
Each student will use their school email and password to log in:
Student email: email@example.com
Password: student name followed by 12345
Optional Idea for students:
One of Ms. Slater’s close friends works at a nursing home and she said the residents would love some positivity right now. If students want to write a note, write a story, or draw a picture for them that would be wonderful. This would be a fun activity if the students are interested. If they are typed they can email them to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Ms. Slater's Class)
or they can mail them to
8585 W Dakota Ave, Lakewood CO 80226
These are additional resources if your child would like to engage in additional literacy activities.
Additional Literacy Resources
- iReady Reading Lessons
- RazKids - I recommend completing books in the “Level Up” section. Listen, read and pass the quiz before moving on to the next book. I would like to see everyone at a minimum of Level Q by the end of the school year.
- Spelling City - There are specific words and activities assigned each week that are at your child’s individual spelling level. After they complete the 10 assignments, they can play games with their words. There are tests assigned on Fridays (or the last day of the school week).
- Typing - Please make sure students are logged in, and progress through the lessons. The goal is to get to about 15 words per minute.
- Read Theory - These are short reading passages with comprehension questions. When students pass the quiz, they are moved up in lexile and grade level. When they do not pass, they are moved down.
- NoRedInk - This helps students with grammar.
- Epic Books - Class Code: nzh7323
- Flocabulary - songs about topics with vocab words and quizzes
- Zoom Meetings with Teacher - I will schedule sessions and feel free to reach out to schedule additional times if needed
Additional Science, Social Studies, Engineering & Technology Resources
- FOSS Online - Class name: Silvaggio Password: stem1234
- Tynker - Coding Assignments and other choice coding activities
- Flocabulary - songs and vocabulary for science and social studies content
- Phet - science and math simulations created at CU Boulder
- Science Kids - games
- Mind Yeti - meditation from Second Step